BGP Completes 2D Seismic Survey in Kenya's Blocks L-1B, L-16
CAMAC Energy Inc. (CAMAC or the Company) reported Tuesday the successful completion of its onshore 2D seismic acquisitions on blocks L-1B and L-16 in the Republic of Kenya. The 2D seismic program was conducted by BGP Kenya Limited (BGP) and covers approximately 170,000 acres (700 line kilometers) on L-1B and 202 line miles (325 line kilometers) on L-16.
The objective of the acquisition is to identify potential exploration targets in the Paleozoic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, and Middle to Lower Tertiary sections, which are known to be oil-bearing in the East Africa region. The seismic survey, paired with the previously completed airborne gravity and magnetic surveys, will be used to help identify potential drilling targets on the block.
“The preliminary results from data processing in the field are encouraging”, commented Segun Omidele, senior vice president of Exploration and Production. “These seismic surveys are fundamental to advancing our onshore Kenya work program and our understanding of the resource potential on these blocks and will help us determine potential locations to begin our exploration drilling.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)
Company: CAMAC more info
- ABS Certification Process on FPSO Armada Perdana Delays Oyo-8 Production (Apr 01)
- BGP Completes 2D Seismic Survey in Kenya's Blocks L-1B, L-16 (Feb 11)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)