Lund Begins Tenure as BG Group CEO
BG Group confirmed Monday that former Statoil CEO Helge Lund has now started his new position as chief executive of the UK energy company.
Lund had been due to start in the role on March 2, but his start date was brought forward following agreement last week from Statoil to release him from his contractual commitments. Statoil itself confirmed last week that its acting CEO, Eldar Saetre, would be its permanent replacement for Lund.
BG Group added that Andrew Gould, who has been serving as its interim executive chairman since April 2014, has now returned to his role as non-executive chairman.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)