PBJV Receives LOA from Petronas Carigali for Work Offshore Malaysia
Barakah Offshore Petroleum Berhad reported Friday that its wholly-owned subsidiary firm PBJV Group Sdn Bhd has received a Letter of Award from Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) to provide engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and maintenance works of pig trap system offshore Malaysia.
Under the three-year deal, which runs from Jan. 23 to Jan. 22, 2018 with a contract extension option of one year to Jan. 22, 2019, PBJV will carry out work on the pig trap system in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak.
PBJV indicated in a filing Friday with local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia that the pig trap system is "essentially a facility to launch and receive pipe inspection gauges (PIG), which are used to run through internal section of pipelines from one end to the other end for inspection and maintenance of pipelines."
Barakah Offshore revealed that total contract value will depend on the actual work orders to be issued by PCSB from time to time during the contractual period.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Barakah Offshore Petroleum Berhad more info
- PBJV Bags Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for Work Off East Malaysia (Aug 26)
- Malaysia's PBJV Clinches $9.4M T&I Contract for SKO Field Off Sarawak (Jul 28)
- PBJV Clinches Contract from Murphy for Work Offshore Malaysia (Jun 14)