SOCAR Cape JV Bags $65M Services Contracts for Shah Deniz Project
UK's Cape plc announced Thursday that its SOCAR Cape joint venture has been awarded three significant contracts in Azerbaijan. The contracts are for the supply of services to projects that are part of the development of the Shah Deniz field, a major natural gas development in Azerbaijan. In aggregate the three contracts are expected to be worth in excess of $65 million for the joint venture.
The joint venture agreement with the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) was entered into in 2010 and is 51 percent owned by SOCAR and 49 percent owned by Cape. This contract will be accounted for in the share of post-tax results of joint ventures line in the UK, Europe and CIS region within the Group’s accounts and for this reason, the value of this award will not appear in the Group’s reported order book and revenue.
Joe Oatley, chief executive of Cape plc commented:
“The SOCAR Cape JV has made significant investment to ensure the business is correctly structured to be able to react to the needs of its clients and we are delighted that the benefits of this investment are starting to be seen. These contract awards are testament to the continued hard work and capability of the SOCAR Cape JV team and come at an exciting time in the country where there is increasing demand for our services. SOCAR is an important partner to Cape and we look forward to continuing our partnership with them on both these and future projects.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Boost Its Share In New Deal With BP On Oil Fields (Sep 08)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR Sees H2 2016 Net Profit At $298 MM (Jan 17)
Company: Cape PLC more info
- Cape Secures Contract from SHI for Shell's Prelude FLNG Facility (Feb 23)
- Cape, OLIO Forms JV to Tap Business Opportunities in Malaysia (Jan 08)
- Cape-UGL JV Bags Services Contract from Woodside in Western Australia (Nov 02)