Murphy Closes Sale of 30% of its Malaysian Oil, Gas Assets to Pertamina
Murphy Oil Corporation announced Thursday that its wholly owned subsidiaries, Murphy Sabah Oil Co., Ltd. and Murphy Sarawak Oil Co., Ltd. (collectively Murphy), have closed on the second phase of the sale of 30 percent of Murphy's Malaysian oil and gas assets to PT Pertamina Malaysia Eksplorasi Produksi (Pertamina).
The second phase covers the remaining one-third of the transaction or 10 percent of Murphy's Malaysian oil and gas assets. The first phase for two-thirds of the transaction closed on Dec. 18, 2014. The total transaction for 30 percent of Murphy's Malaysian oil and gas assets had an aggregate sale price of $2.0 billion, subject to normal closing adjustments, with an effective date of Jan. 1, 2014.
Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. served as exclusive financial advisor to Murphy on the transaction. Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP acted as legal counsel to Murphy.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Pertamina Signs JV Deal With Russia's Rosneft For New Tuban Refinery (Nov 28)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Spend $700MM On Mahakam Oil, Gas Block Next Year (Nov 02)
- Pertamina: Indonesia To Become LNG Importer In 2020 As Population Grows (Oct 25)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)