Cue Energy Talks About Impact of Low Oil Price, NZOG's Involvement in Firm
Australia's Cue Energy Resources Ltd. announced Friday that company Chairman Andrew Knox wrote the following letter to shareholders.
"With the recent sharp decline in the price of oil and the emergence of New Zealand Oil and Gas Limited (NZOG) as a substantial shareholder of Cue, your Board considered it appropriate to update you on the implications of both events for Cue.
In late December 2014, NZOG announced that it had purchased 19.99 percent of Cue’s issued capital by way of an off market purchase of a block of shares held by Todd. We have welcomed NZOG onto the register as a significant shareholder.
I have met with the Chairman of NZOG and, while I believe that NZOG sees the current share price as considerably undervaluing Cue, I remain unclear as to NZOG’s future intentions with respect to the Company.
Cue sells most of its crude oil production at a price tied to the price of Brent crude oil – one of the world’s key oil price benchmarks. Since early September 2014 the price of Brent crude has declined from approximately $100 a barrel to the current price of less than $50 a barrel – a decline of more than 50 percent in the space of about 5 months.
However, in the quarter to Dec. 31, 2014, approximately 70 percent of Cue’s revenue and production on a barrel of oil equivalent basis was derived from gas. Gas production from the Oyong and Wortel fields in Indonesia is priced in U.S. dollars and is insulated from oil price movement as it is not indexed to the price of oil.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- NZOG Reports Full Year Net Loss of $4M, Eyes Under-Valued Assets (Aug 27)