Senex's Latest Drilling in SA's Cooper-Eromanga Basin Fails to Excite
Senex Energy Limited, an Australian exploration and production firm, disclosed Wednesday that it has drilled nine wells of its FY15 drilling program in the South Australian Cooper-Eromanga Basin. Six of these wells are located in the northern flank of the Cooper Basin.
Sheerkhan-1 Oil Exploration Well (PEL 182: Senex 57 percent and operator, Drillsearch 43 percent)
The Sheerkhan-1 oil exploration well was plugged and abandoned after reaching a total depth of 7,710 feet (2,350 meters) Nov. 30, 2014. The well encountered good oil shows in the Birkhead Formation, however the reservoir was poorly developed and contained an uneconomic volume of oil.
Jenners-1 Oil Exploration Well (PEL 100: Senex 55 percent and operator, Santos 25.835 percent, Cooper Energy 19.165 percent)
The Jenners-1 oil exploration well was spud Dec. 15, 2014 and was the sixth and final well in the company’s northern drilling campaign. The well was drilled to evaluate stacked oil potential across a mapped four-way dip closure, defined by the Dundinna 3D seismic survey. The well had poor oil shows and was plugged and abandoned after reaching a total depth of 8,284 feet (2,525 meters) Dec. 29, 2014.
The Jenners-1 prospect completes the company’s northern drilling campaign for FY15. While the campaign did not result in the discovery of commercially exploitable reserves, it has provided valuable technical data which will inform further assessment of the stratigraphic potential of this region.
EDA Rig 4 has since been released to Martlet North-1, an exploration target approximately 0.62 mile (1 kilometer) north-west of the Martlet-1 oil discovery in the western flank of the Cooper Basin.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Drillsearch Energy more info
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)
Company: Senex Energy Limited more info
- Senex Wins Australia Gas Field, Aims To Start Producing In 2019 (Sep 05)
- Senex Welcomes South Australian Govt's $18.4M Pledge to Develop Gas Supply (Sep 09)
- Australia's PEL 444 Partners Swap Seismic Data with Senex, Bridgeport (Jun 02)
Company: Cooper Energy Limited more info
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Cooper Energy Seeks New Buyer for Tangai-Sukananti KSO in Sumatra (Aug 24)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)