Carnarvon Updates on Final Drilling Campaign at its Concessions in Thailand
Australia's Carnarvon Petroleum Limited (Carnarvon) reported Wednesday that the final drilling campaign for 2014 has been completed in the L44/43 and L33/43 Concessions in Thailand, in which Carnarvon holds a 20 percent interest, subject to the completion of the sale announced Dec. 4, 2014.
In the period since the previous update Nov. 11, 2014, three wells have completed drilling, namely WBEXT-3F, WBEXT-10C and L33-6A.
The late 2014 drilling campaign has been successful with field production rates increasing to over 6,000 barrels of oil per day or bopd (gross) during initial well testing operations.
In line with previously reported well optimization techniques, the individual well rates will be choked back in order to maximize well productivity and overall field performance. The operator has indicated that with the most recent wells the field production rates are anticipated to be choked back to between 5,000 and 5,500 bopd (gross). The Operator plans to maintain these rates until the next drilling campaign currently scheduled for the second quarter of 2015.
The drilling rig has now been stacked and planning for the next drilling campaign is underway.
Subject to the completion of the divestment, current equity holders in the Concessions are:
- Carnarvon Petroleum - 20 percent
- Eco Orient Energy (Operator) - 60 percent
- Loyz Energy - 20 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)
- Quadrant Energy Says Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P Confirms Hydrocarbons (Sep 09)
Company: Loyz Energy Ltd. more info
- Australia's Carnarvon Takes Equity Stake in Singapore's Loyz Energy (Jan 19)
- Loyz Posts 42% Fall in 1Q FY2016 Revenue to $4M Due to Low Oil Prices (Nov 13)
- Primeline Suspends Planned Merger With Loyz Energy Due to Volatile Market (Oct 01)