Petrobras Ends Drilling at Pudim Well in Espirito Santo Basin Off Brazil
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) announced Monday that it has completed drilling extension well 3-BRSA-1253D-ESS / 3-ESS-219D (Petrobras nomenclature), informally known as Pudim, at a water depth of 6,187 feet (1,886 meters), in the Espirito Santo Basin post-salt offshore Brazil.
The completion of this well, which had been announced to the market on Oct. 7, confirmed the presence of excellent quality oil through log data analysis, fluid samples and cable test conducted in reservoirs located at a depth of some 14,107 feet (4,300 meters). Drilling ended at a depth of 15,321 feet (4,670 meters).
Then, a cased-hole drill-stem test was conducted at the 14,124 to 14,379 foot (4,305 to 4,383 meter) interval that confirmed the presence of light oil of approximately 35 degree API.
The well is located in the Brigadeiro Discovery Evaluation Plan (PAD) area, 75 miles (121 kilometers) from the city of Vitoria, in Espirito Santo state.
Petrobras is the operator (65 percent) of the consortium responsible for the exploration of the Brigadeiro Discovery Evaluation Plan (PAD), in partnership with PTTEP Brasil Investimentos em Exploracao e Producao de Petroleo e Gas Ltda (20 percent) and Inpex Petroleo Santos Ltda (15 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)