MacGregor Lands Large Subsea Crane Order from China's ZMPC
MacGregor, part of Finland's Cargotec, reported Tuesday that the firm has received a large order from Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industry Co Ltd. (ZPMC). The contract is for four offshore cranes, including a 400-ton SWL active heave-compensated crane capable of deploying 9,842 feet (3,000 meters) of wire rope.
All four cranes will be fitted to a new 475 foot (145 meter) dive support vessel (DSV) under construction at the yard for UK-based operator Sealion Shipping. Delivery of the cranes to the Chinese shipyard is scheduled during third quarter of 2016.
Sealion is an offshore support company that manages and operates offshore support vessels for Toisa. The DP3 vessel is equipped for worldwide operations in the oil and gas sector and on ultra-deepwater projects. Delivery is planned for early 2017.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- MacGregor Wins Equipment Supply Deal for ME-Bound OSVs Being Built in China (Sep 20)
- MacGregor to Supply Pusnes Loading Systems to China's Cosco Shipyard (Feb 18)
- MacGregor Bags LBC Crane Contracts from Merkers Offshore (Jul 08)
Company: Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industry Co., Ltd. more info
- KS Energy and China's ZPMC Amends Contract for a Newbuild Jackup (Jun 22)
- China's ZPMC Challenges Petrofac Over Termination of Vessel Building Deal (Oct 19)
- Petrofac Terminates Construction Vessel Building Deal with China's ZPMC (Oct 09)
Company: Cargotec more info
- MacGregor Lands Large Subsea Crane Order from China's ZMPC (Dec 31)
- MacGregor Wins Equipment Orders from China's XSI for Accommodation Vessels (Sep 26)
- MacGregor to Supply Subsea Cranes to China's Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding (Aug 21)