Tellus, Senex Amend Latter's Farmin Agreement for 3 PRLs in Cooper Basin
Tellus Resources Limited (TLU or the Company) provided Wednesday an update on its Cooper Basin exploration activities in Petroleum Retention Licences (PRLs) 108, 109 and 110 in South Australia.
TLU has just executed an Agreement with its joint venture partner, Senex Energy Ltd., which has the effect of amending the prior Farmin Agreement between the parties, as follows:
- Instead of drilling a carried well, Senex will instead fully fund the acquisition, processing and interpretation of a 3D seismic program covering approximately 16 square miles (42 square kilometers) of the PRLs (and additional tails extending into neighbouring licenses)
- In return Senex will earn an additional 7 percent equity in the PRLs
- Senex intends to commence the seismic program in the first quarter of 2015. The Agreement has mechanisms to encourage the timely performance of this farm-in work
Commenting on this development, the Company’s Managing Director, Carl Dorsch, said “Conducting a 3D seismic program on our Cooper Basin assets is a technically sensible move for Tellus. It leaves us with a flexible equity level of 43 percent and will hopefully position us for a lower risk well to be drilled thereafter.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Senex Wins Australia Gas Field, Aims To Start Producing In 2019 (Sep 05)
- Senex Welcomes South Australian Govt's $18.4M Pledge to Develop Gas Supply (Sep 09)
- Australia's PEL 444 Partners Swap Seismic Data with Senex, Bridgeport (Jun 02)
Company: Tellus Resources Ltd. more info
- Sequa Calls Off Purchase of Norway Offshore Assets from Wintershall (Dec 22)
- Tellus, Senex Amend Latter's Farmin Agreement for 3 PRLs in Cooper Basin (Dec 26)
- Cooper Basin JV to Undertake Seismic in 3 SA's Petroleum Retention Licenses (Oct 20)