FMC Clinches Subsea Systems Gig Offshore Nigeria
FMC Technologies, Inc. (FTI) announced Wednesday that it has received an order from Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited (a Chevron company), operator of the Agbami field, to provide subsea equipment for operations in the Agbami field, offshore Nigeria.
The Agbami field is located 70 nautical miles (113 kilometers) off the coast of the central Niger Delta region, at a water depth of approximately 4,800 feet (1,463 meters). The parties in the Agbami field include Famfa Oil Limited, Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited, Petroleo Brasileiro Nigeria Limited (Petrobras), Statoil Nigeria Limited (Statoil), and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
"FMC Technologies has supported the Agbami field development for several years," said Tore Halvorsen, FMC Technologies' senior vice president of Subsea Technologies. "This subsea equipment will provide additional production and help extend the life of this deepwater development."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)