Santos Finds Wet Gas at Yarowinnie South-1 Well in PEL 513 in Cooper Basin
Wet Gas Business
Drillsearch is pleased to announce the second wet gas discovery made by its PEL 513 joint venture with Santos Limited (Drillsearch 40 percent, Santos 60 percent and Operator).
The Yarowinnie South-1 well was drilled to a total depth of 10,308 feet (3,142 meters) as an exploration well, southwest of the Varanus South-1 discovery announced last month. Drillsearch’s preliminary interpretation of wireline logs has confirmed an aggregate best estimate of almost 49 feet (15 meters) of net gas pay over several intervals in the Patchawarra Formation totalling a gross Patchawarra interval of 1,345 feet (410 meters). The well has been cased and suspended as a future producer.
Year-to-date, Drillsearch has drilled 20 exploration, appraisal and development wells as part of its FY2015 work program, with Yarowinnie South-1 the 15th successful well in the campaign and the fifth new oil or wet gas discovery for the year.
In addition, the company notes the announcement made by Senex Energy Limited Dec. 11 regarding the successful production test of the Vanessa-1 wet gas discovery in PEL 182 (Senex 57 percent and Operator, Drillsearch 43 percent).
During the test, gas flowed to surface at an average rate of 5.0 million standard cubic feet per day (MMscf/d) from the Epsilon and Toolachee formations on a 65 percent choke (42/64ths inch). Condensate was also produced at a rate of 15 barrels per MMscf/d.
The joint venture plans to bring the well online and then consider further appraisal and development opportunities.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Drillsearch Energy more info
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)
Company: QGC Pty Ltd. more info
- Decmil Bags Framework Deal with QGC for Brownfield Projects in Surat Basin (May 24)
- Decmil Clinches Extension to QCLNG Wellsite Contract in Australia from QGC (Jan 12)
- SPIE Bags $13M Maintenance Services Contract for Australia's QCLNG Project (Dec 01)