Beach Energy Reports on Nappamerri Trough Natural Gas Program in Australia
Beach Energy Ltd provided Friday an update on the Nappamerri Trough Natural Gas program (NTNG) in ATP 855 in Queensland and PRLs 33-49 (ex-PEL 218) in South Australia. Fracture stimulation of Geoffrey-1 and Redland-1 in November 2014 completed the Stage 1 work program in Queensland. Upon the completion of fracture stimulation at Boston-2 (PRL 37), expected in early January 2015, the broader NTNG Stage 1 work program will be finished.
(Beach 46.9 percent and operator, Icon Energy Ltd 35.1 percent and Chevron Exploration 1 Pty Ltd 18 percent)
The Etty-1 vertical well, located approximately 6.21 miles (10 kilometers) to the east of the successful Halifax-1 well, was fracture stimulated over four stages, one in the Daralingie Formation and three in the Toolachee Formation. The well remains choked back at 24/64 inch and continues to deliver a strong flow rate of 0.83 MMscf/d at a tubing pressure of 495 psi. A second round of wireline logging was undertaken recently, confirming that at least 93 percent of gas flow is emanating from the Daralingie Formation. This reinforces Beach’s initial view that the Daralingie Formation will now be a priority target for further appraisal testing as part of Stage 2, pending joint venture approval.
The Geoffrey-1 vertical well, located on the eastern perimeter of the permit, was fracture stimulated over five stages, four in the Patchawarra Formation and one stage in the Epsilon Formation. The well commenced cleaning up Dec. 7, with early results indicating a flow rate of 0.7 MMscf/d and increasing. The tubing pressure of 4,420 psi is expected to result in a materially higher stabilized rate over the coming week.
The Redland-1 vertical well, located in the northern part of the permit, was fracture stimulated over three stages in the Toolachee Formation. The well commenced cleaning up Dec. 11, with initial flow test results expected during the week beginning Dec. 15.
(Beach 70 percent and operator, Chevron 30 percent)
The joint venture has approved the fracture stimulation of the Boston-2 well (PRL 37) over eight stages. Boston-2, located 1,049 feet (320 meters) south east of Boston-1, was drilled in 4Q FY13. The fracture stimulation spread is now on-site, with the first stage expected to be placed in early January 2015.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Icon Energy more info
- Icon Energy, Shantou Sino Energy Extend Deadline for Gas Sales Agreement (Jun 26)
- Icon Secures Renewal of ATP 594 in Queensland's Cooper-Eromanga Basin (May 15)
- Beach Ups Contingent Resources of Nappamerri Trough Project, Chevron Quits (Mar 30)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)