Senex Upbeat on Cooper Basin's Vanessa Gas Field Production Testing Results
Senex Energy Limited reported Thursday strong production testing results at the Vanessa conventional gas field in the South Australian Cooper Basin.
Senex has completed production testing of the Vanessa-1ST exploration well, located in PEL 182 (Senex 57 percent, DrillSearch 43 percent), during which gas flowed to surface at an average rate of 5.0 million standard cubic feet per day (MMscf/d) from the Epsilon and Toolachee formations on a 65 percent choke (42/64ths inch). Material condensate was produced at a rate of 15 barrels per MMscf/d. Additional analysis is underway to confirm gas composition and associated liquids (condensate and LPG).
The Vanessa-1ST well is located approximately 2.4 miles (4 kilometers) from existing gas transmission infrastructure, with the PEL 182 joint venture in the final stages of planning for the commercialisation of this gas field.
The joint venture plans to bring the well online and then consider further appraisal and development opportunities.
Senex Managing Director Ian Davies said the result was another step forward in the delivery of a material gas business for Senex.
“With our progress at the Vanessa gas field, and stable production of gas and associated liquids from the Hornet gas field, we are moving closer towards a high value, sustainable gas business”, he said.
The Vanessa-1ST gas exploration well was drilled in 2007, with gas shows observed in the Toolachee and Epsilon structures with stratigraphic upside.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)
Company: Senex Energy Limited more info
- Senex Wins Australia Gas Field, Aims To Start Producing In 2019 (Sep 05)
- Senex Welcomes South Australian Govt's $18.4M Pledge to Develop Gas Supply (Sep 09)
- Australia's PEL 444 Partners Swap Seismic Data with Senex, Bridgeport (Jun 02)