Jumbo to Install Subsea Structures for Chevron's Wheatstone Project off WA
Jumbo, a Dutch-based heavy lift shipping and offshore transportation & installation contractor, announced Tuesday that it signed a contract Nov. 28 with Technip Oceania for the installation of 13 Subsea Structures for the Chevron Wheatstone Project, offshore Western Australia. The Subsea Structures comprise of Pipeline Termination Structures (PTSs), SSIV structures, Tee Protection Structures (TPSs) and Drill Centre Manifolds. The Manifolds, to be installed at a maximum water depth of 787 feet (240 meters), weigh up to 564 tons. Installation will be done by Jumbo’s Fairplayer, a DP2 (dynamic positioning 2) Heavy Lift Vessel with 2 x 900 tons revolving deepwater cranes. Fairplayer is anticipated to commence its activities offshore Western Australia in April/May 2015.
After a full summer season operating in the North Sea and Mediterranean, this project enables Jumbo to continue its offshore activities in the Southern Hemisphere.
Manager of Commerce Offshore, Roddy Lafontaine says; “This award allows us to continue our long standing relationship with Technip in providing unique subsea heavy lift solutions. I would like to sincerely thank Technip again for the confidence placed in Jumbo and we are very much looking forward to working together towards a successful project completion.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Jumbo more info
- Jumbo to Install Subsea Structures for Chevron's Wheatstone Project off WA (Dec 10)