Cosco Guangdong Completes Installation of Upper Hull of EDrill-3 Tender Rig
Singapore's Energy Drilling Pte Ltd. reported Sunday that the construction of the firm's latest semi-tender rig has marked a significant milestone with the successful installation of EDrill-3’s Upper Hull deck box modules in the first week of December, a little more than a month after the lower hull was launched in end October. The EDrill-3’s Upper Hull has been constructed and outfitted with major equipment packages in parallel with the Lower Hull since the project’s outset. Living Quarters module is undergoing pre-lift preparations and will be installed in the second week of December.
The Edrill-3 is being constructed at Cosco Guangdong Shipyard in southern China. The project team is led by Edrill’s project manager, Jason Tan and his counterpart, Zhu Qing from Cosco. A beaming Zhu Qing said, “We are very pleased with results of the upper hull lifting operations and fit up. A lot of engineering and planning has gone into this to ensure we have a smooth and safe operation. The project will now go into its final phase of completion, testing and commissioning. We want to make sure that our client has a first class rig ready by 3Q 2015”.
EDrill-3 is a four column Ocean Class design by MSC Gusto. It will be the largest semi-tender in the world when completed next year.
EDrill-3 is offered to several operators in SE Asia for their deepwater and technical rigorous programs from 3Q 2015 and 2Q 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)
Company: Energy Drilling Pte Ltd. more info
- Coastal Contracts' Unit TML Seeks $5.65M in Damages from 2 Rig Builders (Oct 12)
- Cosco Guangdong Completes Installation of Upper Hull of EDrill-3 Tender Rig (Dec 09)
- Cosco Delivers Self-Erecting Drilling Tender Barge to Energy Drilling (Nov 21)