Oilex Completes Cambay-77H Production Test in Cambay PSC in Gujarat
Oilex Ltd. reported Monday the completion of the Cambay-77H production test in Cambay Production Sharing Contract (PSC) in Cambay Basin, Gujarat, India on Nov. 29. The instrumentation deployed downhole to record pressure data for the duration of the test has been successfully recovered. The downloaded data has been sent to RISC, a specialist oil & gas consulting company, for analysis.
The test was designed and executed to acquire long term performance data which is essential for assessment of reservoir properties and will supplement surface data collected during flowback. A 5 day shut-in period preceded the test to allow the well to stabilise after around 85 days of flowback production.
The two (2) distinct sections of the formal test are now complete:
- 300 hour (12.5 days) flow period, where the well was flowed on a constant choke size after achieving stable flow soon after opening
- 300 hour shut-in period, where data continued to be recorded and monitored
Oilex intends to announce the flowback and test results after a preliminary analysis of the data has been completed.
Managing Director of Oilex, Ron Miller, said;
“Completion of the Cambay-77H production test and successful retrieval of the downhole data is very pleasing. The production test is now complete and we look forward to the preliminary analysis of all acquired data.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)