Odjfell Revenues, Profits Decline during 3Q
Norwegian oilfield services firm Odfjell Drilling reported Wednesday that it saw a year-on-year decline in both its operating revenue and profits during the third quarter.
Odfjell's third-quarter operating revenue came in at $275 million (3Q 2013: $300 million) while its 3Q 2014 EBITDA profit decreased 18.4 percent to $84 million. The firm's net profit for the period was $17 million (3Q 2013: $31 million).
Odjfell's order backlog also declined compared to a year earlier. At the end of the quarter it stood at $4.3 billion compared with $5.4 billion at the end of 3Q 2013.
The company said that the softening in demand for its services experienced during the first half of the year has continued into the second half. It suffered from the early termination by TAQA of a drilling contract on the Harding Platform during the third quarter, as well as Statoil deciding not to exercise its two-year option for the Deepsea Atlantic (DW semisub) rig, for which the existing contract ends in August 2015.
In spite of this, Odfjell's management said that it is of the opinion that "in the medium-to-long-term the oil industry's demand for drilling services will continue to be supported by the need for reserves replacement, and by continued spending on exploration and field development in the main offshore regions".
Odfjell CEO Simen Lieungh particularly noted a continued soft market for engineering and well services "primarily in the North Sea region".
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)
Company: Odfjell Drilling more info
- Oil Slump No Obstacle to 300% Return for Norwegian Driller (Aug 24)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- Odfjell Sees Continuing Tough Market for Offshore Drillers (Feb 29)