Well Abandonment: Q&A with Weatherford International
Rigzone: What is the best strategy to effectively retire offshore assets while minimizing risks and cost?
Olstad: The most effective aspect to minimizing risks and cost is extensive planning. The identification of any unknowns helps alleviate unexpected downtown. By having the correct equipment and experienced personnel, operations are able to be conducted in a manner that optimizes operational efficiencies.
Rigzone: Where in the world can we expect most work to occur in the well abandonment industry during the next decade or so?
Olstad: Operations in the Gulf of Mexico will continue into the next decade. We can also expect to see a more focus approach and increase of opportunities, first in the North Sea, then in areas such as West Africa and certainly in the Asia-Pacific market.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ITEM Club: More Jobs Losses Expected in NE Scotland due to Oil Slump
- Shell Q&A: What Makes an Ideal Employer in Oil, Gas?
- Shell Takes First Place in Rigzone's Inaugural Ideal Employer Survey
- UK Government 'Must Recommit' to Oil, Gas Sector in Autumn Statement
- UK Government Gives Go-Ahead for Fracking in NW England