Technip Wins Brazilian Flexible Pipe Deal
French oilfield services Technip announced Friday that it has won a contract to supply high-technology flexible pipes to the Iracema North pre-salt field in the Santos Basin area offshore Brazil.
Technip was awarded the contract by Tupi BV – a consortium controlled by Petrobras Netherland BV (which owns 65 percent of the field), BG Group (25 percent) and Galp Energia (10 percent).
The contract covers the supply of 70 miles of flexible pipes, including gas lift, gas injection and gas export lines. The pipes are designed to meet Petrobras's requirement for a service life for up to 30 years, sour-service application, water depths of up to 8,200 feet and high pressures to inject gas in the reservoir.
Technip's Rio de Janeiro operating center will perform the engineering and project management. The pipes will be produced at Technip's manufacturing sites at Vitoria and Açu. The delivery of the pipes is scheduled to begin during the first half of 2015.
Adriano Novitsky, President of Technip in Brazil, commented in a company statement:
"This award confirms the flexible pipe as a reliable and optimized solution for the pre-salt challenging applications and Technip's technological leadership in this business. It follows the flexible pipe supply contract awarded last year for the Iracema Sul field."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)