Intan Extends Charter for 5 OSVs to Emas Offshore by 2 Years for $23M
Malaysia's Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Berhad reported that Emas Offshore Pte Ltd. has exercised an option to extend the bareboat charter for five offshore support vessels with Intan Offshore Group, the 51 percent unit of the firm's subsidiary Intan Offshore Sdn Bhd and its subsidiaries for a further two years, it said in a filing on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia Thursday.
Under the original contract, Intan Offshore chartered the five vessels -- Lewek Emerald, Bayu Intan, Lewek Eagle, Lewek Mallard and Lewek Swift -- to Emas Offshore for three years from Sept. 1, 2012 to Aug. 31, 2015, including an option for a two year extension.
With the extension, the five offshore support vessels will continue working for Emas Offshore unti Aug. 31, 2017.
"The aggregated daily charter hire for the Extension Charters payable to the Intan Group is $31,630.00 per day. The expected value of the Extension Charters amounts to approximately $23 million," Perisai said in the company filling.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Bondholders of Malaysia's Perisai Reject Extension of Maturity Date (Oct 04)
- Malaysian Banks Brace For Profit Hits As O&G Firms Restructure Debt (Sep 26)
- Malaysia's Perisai Gets 6 Months Charter Extension for FPSO Perisai Kamelia (Aug 22)
Company: EMAS Offshore Ltd. more info
- EMAS Offshore Posts 3Q FY16 Net Loss of $23M, Revenue Down 41% to $35M (Jul 15)
- EMAS Offshore Secures $32M Contracts to Supply OSVs in SE Asia, West Africa (May 11)
- Ezra, EMAS Offshore to Sell 78.4% Stake in FPSO Lewek Emas (Apr 15)