Xcite Signs Rig Provision Agreement for Bentley Field
North Sea-focused junior explorer Xcite Energy reported Monday that it has entered into a memorandum of understanding with China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL) for the provision of a new-build jackup rig, along with equipment and personnel, for drilling on the Bentley field.
Final specifications for the rig – a Keppel FELS N Class Plus, harsh-environment jackup drilling rig – are currently being agreed in order for construction to begin at the Keppel FELS yard in Singapore.
Xcite CEO Rupert Cole commented in a company statement:
"We are very pleased that COSL has joined the Bentley development team and this marks the last of the key development group roles to be filled. COSL has considerable experience in drilling operations and we believe they possess the skills and expertise to work alongside our other partners in our collaborative and innovative model.
"Selecting this ultra-high specification drilling rig, and constructing it at the Keppel FELS yard in Singapore, is an important part of securing both the future schedule and drilling efficiency of the Bentley project."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Xcite Energy Resources Limited more info
- Xcite Confirms $35-per-Barrel Costs for Bentley Field (May 29)
- Xcite Signs Rig Provision Agreement for Bentley Field (Nov 17)
- Xcite Signs Services Deal with Baker Hughes for Bentley Field (Oct 20)