NPD: Norway's Ormen Lange Appraisal Well Does Not Change Resource Estimate
OSLO, Nov 14 (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell drilled an appraisal well on its Ormen Lange gas field in Norway and though it hit a large gas column, there is no basis to change the recoverable resource estimate, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate said on Friday.
Ormen Lange is one of Norway's biggest gas fields and supplies the British market.
Norwegian state holding firm Petoro owns 45 percent of the Ormen Lange license, Statoil has 23.65 percent, Shell has 16 percent, Dong owns 9.4 percent and ExxonMobil has 5.9 percent.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds