Bumi Armada, HMCL Further Delay FPSO Contract Signing for Madura BD Field
Malaysia's Bumi Armada Berhad referred Wednesday to the announcements it made Aug. 19, Oct. 14 and Oct. 31 in respect of the Letter of Intent (LOI) issued by Husky-CNOOC Madura Limited (HCML) for the award of a contract to supply one floating, production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) at a contract value of $1.18 billion (equivalent to approximately MYR 3.76 billion) for a fixed period of 10 years with options of five annual extensions worth an aggregate value of $147 million (equivalent to approximately MYR 469 million), if the options are fully exercised by HCML, subject to finalization of the terms and conditions and signing of the FPSO Lease Contract (the Contract), to a consortium comprising of the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bumi Armada Offshore Holdings Limited (BAOHL) and its joint venture company, PT Armada Gema Nusantara (PT AGN) (collectively referred to as the Consortium).
Bumi Armada wishes to announce that HCML and the Consortium have mutually agreed via an Amendment of Letter of Intent dated Nov. 6, to extend further the period for the execution of the Contract. Accordingly, the LOI shall terminate upon the earlier of:
(a) Nov. 27, subject to such extension as may be mutually agreed between HCML and the Consortium; or
(b) upon signing of the Contract
The parties have finalized clarifications and are procuring relevant internal approvals to execute the Contract.
This announcement is dated Nov. 12.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
Company: Husky Energy more info
- As Crude Rallies, Husky May Gain as Top Oil-Sands Stock Pick (Jan 15)
- Husky Energy Posts Smaller 2Q Loss On Higher Oil Prices (Jul 21)
- Canada's LNG Failure Is Its Own Fault, Seven Gen Founder Says (Jul 17)
Company: Bumi Armada Berhad more info
- Bumi Armada to Pay $85M in Reimbursement, Liquidated Damages for FPSO (Sep 16)
- Bumi Armada Berhad Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (Sep 09)
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)