Technip Secures 5-Year Flexible Pipe Framework Deal with Petronas Carigali
France's Technip has secured a 5-year framework agreement with Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) for Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation (EPCI) or supply-only of flexible pipes for PCSB’s projects in Malaysia. This framework agreement further strengthens our long-standing relationship with our key client Petronas.
Asiaflex Products Sdn Bhd, Technip’s flexible pipe manufacturing plant located in Johor, Malaysia, will execute the framework agreement and manage the experienced project teams in Kuala Lumpur as well as the regionally-dedicated construction vessel, Deep Orient, which will in all, provide Petronas with a unique one stop solution for cost-effective field developments.
Kwee Keong Lim, president of Technip in Asia Pacific, commented: "Local content is of strategic importance to Technip. This framework agreement allows the long term development of talents while helping in cost-effective solution for our client through the deployment of flexible pipe technology in both green and brownfield developments. This initiative is clearly in line with the guiding principles by which we do business and we look forward to support Petronas through the term of this agreement."
More about Technip’s Asiaflex plant:
- the first flexible pipe and umbilical manufacturing facility in Asia
- located near Johor in Malaysia, which is a strategic location with multiple benefits including direct access to all the major shipping routes to Asia and the rest of the world
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)