SOCO's Congo Well 'Significantly Exceeds' Expectations in Test
Junior oil firm SOCO International reported Tuesday that it has successfully completed testing of the Lidongo Marine 101 ST1 exploration well, offshore Congo (Brazzaville), and that the well has "significantly exceeded" expectations.
The firm had previously announced that the well, located in the Marine XI Block some 14 miles northwest of Pointe Noire in a water depth of approximately 150 feet, encountered oil in a clastics sequence in the Djeno sand formation after being drilled to a total depth of 8,744 feet. Drilling shows and early log interpretation indicated a gross interval of approximately 164 feet.
The test, over a perforated 65-foot section, produced at a stable average flow rate of 4,800 barrels of oil per day and 3.5 million cubic feet of gas per day on a 56/64-inch choke, with a flowing wellhead pressure of 778 pounds per square inch, following the execution of a stimulation frac. The quality of the oil was 32 degrees API.
SOCO said the well results will now be analysed in order to determine the continuity of the well with a nearby discovery in the Marine XII Block.
SOCO holds a 40.39-percent interest in the Marine XI Block. Its project partners include WNR (with a 23-percent interest), SNPC (15 percent), AOGC (13.11 percent) and PetroVietnam Exploration and Production (8.5 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- SOCO: Congo Baobab Marine-1 Well Comes up Dry (Feb 26)
- British Oil Company Soco Says No Longer Holds Congo Block Permit (Nov 03)
- SOCO Net Profit, Production Down (Aug 05)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)