Exoma Energy Withdraws from Galilee JV Exploration Permits in Queensland
Australia's Exoma Energy Limited reported Thursday that it has withdrawn from the Galilee Joint Venture exploration permits (ATP 991P, ATP 996P, ATP 999P and ATP 1005P) in Queensland, Australia, effective as of Jan. 1, 2015. Following Exoma’s withdrawal, CNOOC Galilee Gas Company Pty Ltd will have a 100 percent interest in the exploration permits.
As previously announced, between 2011 and 2013 Exoma operated an extensive exploration program in the Galilee Basin which has tested CSG (coal seam gas), shale oil/gas and conventional oil plays. This program has not identified a commercial hydrocarbon resource.
Based on its analysis of the technical results, Exoma considers that further exploration of the Galilee Joint Venture acreage is inappropriately risky for a small exploration company and does not support any further investment of the Company’s resources. Consequently Exoma has elected to withdraw from the Joint Venture rather than participate in any further exploration.
Under the joint venture agreements, Exoma will continue as operator until March 4, 2015, unless prior to that date CNOOC Galilee Gas Company Pty Ltd gives 20 business days notice that it elects to step-in as Operator.
Exoma is continuing its review of new investment opportunities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Exoma Energy Ltd. more info
- Exoma Finalizing Withdrawal from Queensland's Galilee JV Permits (Apr 30)
- Exoma Energy Withdraws from Galilee JV Exploration Permits in Queensland (Oct 31)
- Galilee JV Gets Approval for Revised Work Program for 4 ATPs in Queensland (Jun 03)