Eni Mulls Partnership with Pemex in Mexico's Upstream Sector
Italy's Eni said Thursday that it is mulling a future strategic partnership with Mexican state oil company Petroleos Mexicanos in Mexico's upstream sector.
Announcing a cooperation agreement with Pemex, signed by Pemex CEO Emilio Lozoya Austin and Eni CEO Claudio Descalzi, Eni said that a "possible future strategic partnership in Mexico's upstream sector" was discussed by the two men.
The memorandum of understanding and cooperation signed by the firms is designed to establish the basis for cooperation and knowledge sharing in the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors. It will also include cooperation and best practice exchanges in health, safety and the environment as well as what Eni called "human capital management and training".
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: Pemex more info
- Mexican Driller Latina Is Said to Bid for Pemex Contract (Jan 17)
- Mexico Fuel Sellers Said to Seek Pemex Alternative (Jan 11)
- AMLO Earmarks $23B to Boost National Oil Industry (Dec 17)