Eni Mulls Partnership with Pemex in Mexico's Upstream Sector
Italy's Eni said Thursday that it is mulling a future strategic partnership with Mexican state oil company Petroleos Mexicanos in Mexico's upstream sector.
Announcing a cooperation agreement with Pemex, signed by Pemex CEO Emilio Lozoya Austin and Eni CEO Claudio Descalzi, Eni said that a "possible future strategic partnership in Mexico's upstream sector" was discussed by the two men.
The memorandum of understanding and cooperation signed by the firms is designed to establish the basis for cooperation and knowledge sharing in the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors. It will also include cooperation and best practice exchanges in health, safety and the environment as well as what Eni called "human capital management and training".
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Offshore Mozambique Block Goes to Eni (Oct 17)
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
Company: Pemex more info
- Pemex Signs Landmark Offshore Deal (Sep 21)
- Data, Source: Mexico's State-Run Pemex Pauses Light Crude Exports (Aug 31)
- Bay of Campeche Subsea Tieback Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 01)