Senex Spuds Akele-1 Prospect in South Australia Coooper Basin
Cooper Energy Limited reported Wednesday that Akela-1 well was spud in PEL 110 of the South Australia Cooper Basin at 5:00 a.m. today. Akela-1 is a vertical well with a prognosed total depth of 8,812 feet (2,686 meters) measured depth below rotary table and, inclusive of testing, is forecast to take approximately 17 days to complete.
At 6:00 a.m. today, the well was at 98.4 feet (30 meters) and drilling 12.25 inch surface hole.
The Akela prospect is a four-way dip closed anticline defined by the 2013 Dundinna 3D seismic survey. Akela-1 is targeting the Poolowanna, Tinchoo and Birkhead Formations and the Hutton Sandstone.
The well is located 1.8 miles (2.9 kilometers) north of Crumpa-1, which was drilled in 1993 based on 2D seismic data. The Akela prospect is located approximately 6.8 miles (11 kilometers) north of the nearest oil field, Keleary, which has produced more than 1.6 million barrels of oil from the Poolowanna Formation, with additional oil production from the Tinchoo, Birkhead and Hutton.
Joint Venture participants in PEL 110 are Cooper Energy Limited (20 percent), Orca Energy Ltd (20 percent), and Senex Energy Ltd (Operator, 60 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Senex Wins Australia Gas Field, Aims To Start Producing In 2019 (Sep 05)
- Senex Welcomes South Australian Govt's $18.4M Pledge to Develop Gas Supply (Sep 09)
- Australia's PEL 444 Partners Swap Seismic Data with Senex, Bridgeport (Jun 02)
Company: Cooper Energy Limited more info
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Cooper Energy Seeks New Buyer for Tangai-Sukananti KSO in Sumatra (Aug 24)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)
Company: Orca Energy Limited more info
- Orca Energy Sale of its South Australian Cooper Basin Assets to Senex (May 19)
- Orca Energy to Sell Cooper Basin Assets in South Australia to Senex Energy (Mar 13)
- Cooper Energy Reports Poor Oil Shows at Akela-1 Well in Cooper Basin (Nov 12)