Sona Secures $140M Loan for Acquisition of 2 Blocks in Gulf of Thailand
Malaysia's Sona Petroleum Berhad referred Tuesday to the announcements dated June 5, June 25, July 21 and Aug. 29 in relation to the Proposed Transaction (regarding the acquisition of a 40 percent stake in Block B8/38 -- which contains the producing Bualuang field -- and the G4/50 exploration concession in the Gulf of Thailand) with Salamander Energy Plc.
On behalf of Sona Petroleum, CIMB Investment Bank Berhad and RHB Investment Bank Berhad wish to announce that:-
- Sona Petroleum had, on Oct. 24 entered into a facility agreement with BNP Paribas and RHB Bank (L) Ltd (as Joint Lead Arrangers) for a $140 million loan facility to part finance the Proposed Transaction (Financing). The Financing is conditional upon, inter-alia, the approvals of the Securities Commission and the shareholders of Sona Petroleum, for the Proposed Transaction being obtained; and
- Sona Petroleum had, on Oct. 27, received a notice from SEBHL and Salamander pursuant to the SPA stating that the board of Salamander has received a conditional proposal from Ophir Energy Plc with respect to a potential offer for Salamander, the terms of which Salamander is seeking to clarify. Salamander had also stated that it had received an approach by a consortium led by Compania Espanola de Petroleos but it has not yet received any proposal or confirmation that any offer will be forthcoming.
Sona Petroleum has taken cognizance that the Announcement stated, inter-alia, that “subject to the outcome of the ongoing negotiations described above, the board of directors of Salamander continues to believe that completion of the Sona Transaction is in the best interests of its shareholders."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sona Petroleum Scraps Plans to Buy Stake in Salamander's Thai Assetss (Jan 14)
- Sona Clings on to Fading Hopes of Acquiring Thai Assets from Salamander (Nov 26)
- Salamander Backs Ophir Takeover Offer (Nov 24)
Company: Sona Petroleum Bhd more info
- Santos, Quadrant Terminate Sale of Stag Oilfield Off WA to Malaysia's Sona (Jun 03)
- Shareholders Reject Sona Petroleum's Acquisition of WA's Stag Oilfied (Apr 27)
- Sona Gets More Time to Meet Conditions for Australia's Stag Oilfield Deal (Apr 01)