EnQuest Awards Technip Kraken Contract
Technip was awarded by EnQuest earlier this year a large engineering, procurement, installation and construction (EPCI) contract for the Kraken development located in the North Sea, 249 miles (400 kilometers) North-East of Aberdeen and 81 miles (130 kilometers) East of Shetland, at a water depth of approximately 394 feet (120 meters).
The contract covers various project management engineering and installation works, which include:
- fabrication and pipelay of approximately 31 miles (50 kilometers) of rigid pipe - 15.5 miles (25 kilometers) of metallurgically clad pipe and 15.5 miles (25 kilometers) of HDPE lined
- installation of 3 umbilicals totaling 8.7 miles (14 kilometers)
- installation of 4.3 miles (7 kilometers) of flexible risers and jumpers
- template and manifold installation at three drill centers
- diverless tie-ins to pipelines and manifolds
- pipeline flooding, hydro testing and leak testing
Technip’s operating center in Aberdeen, United-Kingdom, will execute the contract.
The Group will leverage its unique vertical position in the subsea business. The Group’s spoolbase in Evanton, United-Kingdom, will weld and load-out the rigid pipe and Technip Umbilicals, Technip’s wholly-owned subsidiary in Newcastle, United-Kingdom, will manufacture the umbilical. All construction work on the project will be undertaken via diverless construction methods.
A number of vessels from the Technip fleet will be utilized for the offshore campaign, including Technip’s Deep Energy, one of the largest pipelay vessels ever built.
Bill Morrice, managing director of Technip in the UK, said: “We are delighted to have been awarded this contract which builds upon our excellent relationship with EnQuest. Our vast experience in the delivery of efficient, cost-effective solutions for our clients has been recognized once again and we look forward to supporting EnQuest to maximize production from the Kraken field, currently one of the largest developments in the UK North Sea.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: EnQuest plc more info
- EnQuest Profits Slide On Slower Kraken Oilfield Ramp-Up (Sep 07)
- Kraken 2Q Start-up 'On Track' (Feb 17)
- Unite Pledges to Protect BP Workers in EnQuest Transfer (Jan 25)