First Production Commences at Umm Lulu Oil Field Offshore Abu Dhabi
Inpex Corporation (Inpex) announced Friday that, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Japan Oil Development Co., Ltd. (JODCO), it commenced oil production from the Umm Lulu Oil Field offshore Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, Oct. 2.
The Umm Lulu Oil Field is located approximately 18.6 miles (30 kilometers) northwest of Abu Dhabi City. Inpex has jointly developed the Umm Lulu Oil Field with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), BP and Total.
In the first development phase, Inpex has commenced oil production from the Umm Lulu Oil Field by utilizing existing facilities of the Umm Al-Dalkh Oil Field, located adjacent to the Umm Lulu Oil Field. Full field development of the Umm Lulu Oil Field is currently in progress, and after completion, the field is expected to produce oil at a peak rate of 105,000 barrels per day. The oil produced from the Umm Lulu Oil Field in the first development phase is transported via an existing subsea pipeline to Zirku Island, and eventually supplied to customers in Japan and other Asian countries as Upper Zakum Crude.
Inpex has been engaged in the oil development business through JODCO in Abu Dhabi for over 40 years.
The company owns participating interests* in the producing oil fields of Umm Shaif, Lower Zakum, Umm Lulu, Upper Zakum^, Umm Al-Dalkh and Satah. In addition, Inpex owns interests in the Nasr Oil Field under development. Through JODCO, Inpex has also been supporting local communities in Abu Dhabi through human resources development and other activities.
Inpex will continue to actively engage in the oil development business as well as social contribution activities in Abu Dhabi
* Inpex owns a 12 percent participating interest in the Umm Shaif, Lower Zakum, Umm Lulu, Nasr, Upper Zakum and Umm Al-Dalkh Oil Fields and a 40 percent interest in the Satah Oil Field.
^ The concession for the Upper Zakum Oil Field was extended until 2041, as announced on Jan. 21.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil Drillers' Rocky Mountain High Threatened by Colorado Vote (Oct 17)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- BP and Aker BP Form Technology Alliance (Oct 03)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Inpex more info
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Company more info
- Abu Dhabi Ready to Pump More Oil Under OPEC Deal (Jul 03)
- $44B India Integrated Project Moves Forward (Jun 25)
- UAE's ADNOC Awards $3.5B Contracts To Samsung Engineering (Mar 26)