First Production Commences at Umm Lulu Oil Field Offshore Abu Dhabi
Inpex Corporation (Inpex) announced Friday that, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Japan Oil Development Co., Ltd. (JODCO), it commenced oil production from the Umm Lulu Oil Field offshore Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, Oct. 2.
The Umm Lulu Oil Field is located approximately 18.6 miles (30 kilometers) northwest of Abu Dhabi City. Inpex has jointly developed the Umm Lulu Oil Field with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), BP and Total.
In the first development phase, Inpex has commenced oil production from the Umm Lulu Oil Field by utilizing existing facilities of the Umm Al-Dalkh Oil Field, located adjacent to the Umm Lulu Oil Field. Full field development of the Umm Lulu Oil Field is currently in progress, and after completion, the field is expected to produce oil at a peak rate of 105,000 barrels per day. The oil produced from the Umm Lulu Oil Field in the first development phase is transported via an existing subsea pipeline to Zirku Island, and eventually supplied to customers in Japan and other Asian countries as Upper Zakum Crude.
Inpex has been engaged in the oil development business through JODCO in Abu Dhabi for over 40 years.
The company owns participating interests* in the producing oil fields of Umm Shaif, Lower Zakum, Umm Lulu, Upper Zakum^, Umm Al-Dalkh and Satah. In addition, Inpex owns interests in the Nasr Oil Field under development. Through JODCO, Inpex has also been supporting local communities in Abu Dhabi through human resources development and other activities.
Inpex will continue to actively engage in the oil development business as well as social contribution activities in Abu Dhabi
* Inpex owns a 12 percent participating interest in the Umm Shaif, Lower Zakum, Umm Lulu, Nasr, Upper Zakum and Umm Al-Dalkh Oil Fields and a 40 percent interest in the Satah Oil Field.
^ The concession for the Upper Zakum Oil Field was extended until 2041, as announced on Jan. 21.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Company more info
- UAE's ADNOC Proposes Change To Oil Price Mechanism (Dec 11)
- Nikkei: ADNOC To Decide On Japan Oil Concession Renewal By Early Next Year (Jul 28)
- UAE Pledges Further Oil Output Cuts Starting in September (Jul 25)