Cosco, Sevan Drilling Agree to Extend Delivery Date for Sevan Developer
Cosco Corporation (Singapore) Limited (the Company) referred to the announcement made May 30, 2011 in relation to the turnkey EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contract (the EPC Contract) entered into between Cosco (Qidong) Offshore Co., Ltd (Cosco Qidong) with Sevan Drilling Rig VI Pte Ltd (the Shipowner).
Under the EPC Contract, delivery of the drilling unit Sevan Developer (UDW semisub) was to take place in the second quarter of 2014. The Shipowner and Cosco Qidong have however agreed to defer delivery date of Sevan Developer for 12 months with options exercisable at 6-month intervals, to extend the delivery date up to a total of 36 months from Oct. 15. The EPC Contract will terminate at the end of each deferred period, unless extended by mutual agreement between the Shipowner and Cosco Qidong.
It was also agreed that while construction of Sevan Developer continues at Cosco Qidong’s shipyard during the deferred period, the Shipowner is able to continue to market Sevan Developer as part of its fleet.
In view of the deferment and the uncertainty as to whether the options will be exercised, it is not possible to ascertain the financial impact of the agreement for deferment at this point in time.
The Company will make announcements of any significant development in this matter at the appropriate junctures.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sevan Drilling, Cosco to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer to Mid-October (Apr 15)
- Sevan Drilling Exercises Option to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer (Nov 03)
- Cosco, Sevan Drilling Agree to Extend Delivery Date for Sevan Developer (Oct 17)
Company: Cosco Corporation (Singapore) Ltd. more info
- Cosco Delivers 2 Jackups to Foresight Group and a PSV to a European Buyer (Aug 25)
- Cosco Incurs $27M Net Loss in 2Q 2016, Revenues Fell 11% to $566M (Aug 08)
- Cosco, KS Energy May Sell KS Orient Star 2 if Offer Covers Building Cost (May 17)