Drilling Underway at Gobi-1 Well in West Natuna Basin's Gurita PSC
Australia's oil and gas firm Nido Petroleum Limited (Nido or the Company) reported Thursday that it has been advised by Operator Lundin Gurita B.V. that the Gobi-1 exploration well in the Gurita Production Sharing Contract (PSC) in West Natuna Basin, offshore the Republic of Indonesia has reached the 13.375 inch casing point at approximately 1,410 feet (430 meters) Measured Depth.
Current operation is running the 13.375 casing.
Nido currently has a 10 percent working interest in the Gurita PSC, with Lundin Gurita, a subsidiary of Sweden's Lundin Petroleum A.B., holding the remaining 90 percent interest in the offshore block. The Gobi-1 well is being drilled by Japan Drilling Co. Ltd.'s jackup Hakuryu 11 (425' ILC).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Nido Petroleum more info
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)