Wood Group Kenny Wins FEED Contract for CCS Project Offshore Scotland
Wood Group Kenny has won the front-end engineering design (FEED) contract for the subsea and pipeline element of the Peterhead Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) project in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
The project, which is being developed by Royal Dutch Shell plc supported by Scottish and Southern Energy, will be the world's first full-chain CCS project on a gas-fired power station.
A total of 80 engineers will support the project from Wood Group Kenny's offices in Aberdeen and London.
The scope of the six-month contract includes:
- developing a landfall solution at the Peterhead Power Station
- design of a new carbon dioxide (CO2) export pipeline from Peterhead Power Station to a subsea tie-in with the existing Goldeneye pipeline
- a new subsea intervention valve (SSIV), including controls system and tie-in spools
Wood Group Kenny Regional Director Bob MacDonald commented in a company statement:
"We are honoured to be involved in this unique project in the North Sea. Using our 30 years of subsea infrastructure design, Wood Group Kenny is well placed to deliver high-quality, cost-effective solutions that will help achieve the targets of the UK Government."
UK Business, Enterprise & Energy Minister Matthew Hancock added:
"We are leading the way in Europe in developing this innovative low-carbon technology. Testing the commercial feasibility of Carbon Capture Storage is an important step.
"So far, more than 20 front-end engineering and design subcontracts have been awarded supporting both the Peterhead and White Rose CCS Commercialisation Programme projects. Combined, these projects if successful could support jobs during construction and generate enough clean electricity for over one million homes upon completion."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Nov 27)
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: Wood Group Kenny more info
- Wood Group Secures GWF-2 Services Contract from Woodside (Feb 22)
- Wood Group Wins Brazil Platform Contract with PetroRio (Jan 07)
- Wood Group Secures Subsea Engineering Contract with BP (Oct 29)