Eco Drills WBEXT-10B Well in Thailand's L44/43 & L33/43 Concessions
Carnarvon Petroleum Limited (Carnarvon) reported Tuesday that drilling has recommenced with the spud of the WBEXT-10B well, which is targeting the igneous reservoir down-dip of the WBEXT-3C,3D and 3E wells in the L44/43 and L33/43 Concessions in Thailand, in which Carnarvon holds a 20 percent interest.
The Operator is expected to take around three weeks to complete the drilling of the first well.
Further wells scheduled for drilling in this current campaign are;
- a follow-up well to the successful 2010 well WBEXT-1C, which produced over 250,000 barrels of oil
- an appraisal well to determine the extent of the oil column in the WBEXT-3ST1 fault block
- development wells depending on the results of WBEXT-10B and
- an exploration well to the south of the WBEXT area
Previously planned drilling in the L33/43 Concession has been delayed due to wet weather.
Production rates have been steady at around 4,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) gross (800 bopd net to Carnarvon).
Equity holders in the L33/43 and L44/43 Concessions are:
- Carnarvon Petroleum - 20 percent
- Eco Orient Energy (Operator) - 60 percent
- Loyz Energy - 20 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Quadrant, Carnarvon Hail 'Incredible' Oil Find in Sector Ripe f (Aug 08)
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)