Wood Group Mustang Awarded TLP Contract by Statoil
Wood Group Mustang reported Tuesday that Statoil has awarded it the pre-front end engineering design (pre-FEED) contract for the proposed Snorre C tension leg platform (TLP).
The Snorre field spans blocks 34/4 and 34/7 in the Tampen area of the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The Snorre TLP is expected to extend the economic life of the field to 2040.
Wood Group Mustang is now performing the pre-FEED study and it will be responsible for project management, topsides design and the integration of the hull, drilling and riser facilities. Wood Group Kenny will be responsible for the engineering of the production, injection and drilling top-tensioned risers, the import/export flexible and umbilical systems, and the subsea drilling template.
Simon Harris, offshore business unit manager for Wood Group Mustang in Europe, commented in a company statement:
"We are very excited to be involved in the Snorre C project. Wood Group Mustang has been involved in the design of half of the TLPs in operation around the world and we will use our knowledge and expertise to challenge the norm for North Sea platforms. We are pleased to be continuing our relationship with Statoil and assisting them to deliver a cost-efficient facility."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Planning for Pivotal Moments: Operating at the Forefront of Commissioning (Dec 26)
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
Company: Wood Group Kenny more info
- Wood Group Secures GWF-2 Services Contract from Woodside (Feb 22)
- Wood Group Wins Brazil Platform Contract with PetroRio (Jan 07)
- Wood Group Secures Subsea Engineering Contract with BP (Oct 29)