Aban Offshore Clinches $182.7M Deals to Supply 2 Jackups to ONGC
Aban Offshore Limited, an India-based drilling services provider, has received contracts from the country's state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) to provide two jackups for drilling operations in local waters, the firm said in an announcement on its website Friday.
Under the first contract, valued at $91.33 million (INR 5.57 billion), Aban Offshore will supply jackup Aban IV (300' ILC) for a period of 3 years, scheduled to commence during the first quarter of 2015.
Like Aban IV, Aban Offshore will supply ONGC with the jackup Aban III (300' ILC) for a period of 3 years at the same contract price of approximately $91.33 million (INR 5.57 billion). The contract is also expected to be come into effect during the first quarter of 2015.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 43 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Aban Offshore more info
Manages 17 Offshore Rigs
- Aban Offshore Bags $87M Contract to Provide Aban Abraham Drillship to ONGC (Jun 28)
- Aban Offshore Inks Deal to Provide Aban II to ONGC for $50M (Oct 27)
- Aban Offshore Clinches $182.7M Deals to Supply 2 Jackups to ONGC (Oct 13)