Roc Oil Spuds WZ12-10-2 Well in Beibu Gulf Block 22/12 Offshore China
Roc Oil (China) Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Roc Oil Company Limited, advised Tuesday that drilling has commenced on the second of two exploration wells in Beibu Gulf Block 22/12 offshore China. The second well, WZ12-10-2, is targeting the T42 and Weizhou formations, adjacent to the WZ12-8 West field in the WZ12-8 Development Area.
Drilling from jackup HYSY 935 -- formerly COSL 935 (300' ILC) commenced at 23:00 China Standard Time Oct. 3. Total depth planned for this vertical well is 5,249 feet (1,600 meters) measured depth (MD)/4,645 feet (1,416 meters) total vertical depth (TVD). The well is located 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) East Northeast from ROC’s existing Beibu 12-8W facilities and is in water depth of approximately 118 feet (36 meters).
Participating interests in the Beibu Gulf Project are:
- Exploration CNOOC - 0 percent
- Roc Oil (China) Company - 40 percent
- Horizon Oil (Beibu) Ltd. and Petsec Petroleum LLC (wholly owned by Horizon Oil Limited) - 55 percent
- Oil Australia Pty Ltd. (Majuko Corp.) - 5 percent
- Production and Development
- CNOOC - 51 percent Roc Oil (China) Company - 19.6 percent
- Horizon Oil (Beibu) Ltd. and Petsec Petroleum LLC (wholly owned by Horizon Oil Limited) - 26.95 percent
- Oil Australia Pty Ltd. (Majuko Corp.) - 2.45 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Horizon Oil more info
- Drilling Commences at WZ 12-8W-A6P1 Appraisal Well in China's Beibu Gulf (Nov 17)
- Ensco 107 Prepares to Demobilize from Maari Field Offshore New Zealand (Jul 07)
- OMV Successfully Completes Maari Redevelopment Project Off New Zealand (Jul 02)