Oil Exploration Makes A Tentative Return To Alsace Region
But the debate about oil and gas exploration on French soil shows no sign of abating. Sarkozy, in a policy U-turn, came out in favour of shale gas in his first political rally since his return to French politics this month, while energy minister Segolene Royal confirmed her opposition.
Back in Alsace, however, the local population has no qualms about its black gold. "It's part of our history," the mayor of Soufflenheim, Camille Scheydecker, said.
(1 US dollar = 0.7883 euro)
(Writing by Michel Rose; editing by Jane Baird)
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds