Petrobras Finds Gas at Poco Verde 1 Well in Brazil's Sergie-Alagoas Basin
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) announced Wednesday that it has identified the presence of gas while drilling extension well 3-BRSA-1022-SES (3-SES-181). The well is located in the Discovery Evaluation Plan area of Poco Verde in concession BM-SEAL-4 in Sergipe-Alagoas Basin ultra-deep waters offshore Brazil.
The well, informally known as Poco Verde 1, is situated 36 miles (58 kilometers) off the coast of Aracaju, at a water depth of 7,204 feet (2,196 meters).
Reservoirs containing good porosity characteristics were detected, confirming project expectations.
The Poco Verde accumulation is part of the Sergipe-Alagoas Basin deep-water development program.
Petrobras, BM-SEAL-4 operator with a 75 percent stake, in partnership with India-based company ONGC holder of 25 percent, will proceed with the activities outlined for the area.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: ONGC more info
- Subsea Contract Features Made-in-India Element (Oct 03)
- India Tells State Oil Firm ONGC to List Overseas Unit (Aug 21)
- ONGC, Reliance in Talks with Customers to Sell East Coast Gas (Apr 10)