Petrobras Finds Gas at Poco Verde 1 Well in Brazil's Sergie-Alagoas Basin
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) announced Wednesday that it has identified the presence of gas while drilling extension well 3-BRSA-1022-SES (3-SES-181). The well is located in the Discovery Evaluation Plan area of Poco Verde in concession BM-SEAL-4 in Sergipe-Alagoas Basin ultra-deep waters offshore Brazil.
The well, informally known as Poco Verde 1, is situated 36 miles (58 kilometers) off the coast of Aracaju, at a water depth of 7,204 feet (2,196 meters).
Reservoirs containing good porosity characteristics were detected, confirming project expectations.
The Poco Verde accumulation is part of the Sergipe-Alagoas Basin deep-water development program.
Petrobras, BM-SEAL-4 operator with a 75 percent stake, in partnership with India-based company ONGC holder of 25 percent, will proceed with the activities outlined for the area.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 40 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)