Drilling at Gobi-1 Well in West Natuna Basin's Gurita PSC Set for October
Nido Petroleum Limited, an Australian oil and gas exploration and production firm focused on Southeast Asia, revealed Tuesday that the operator of Gurita production sharing contract (PSC) in West Natuna Basin, offshore Indonesia has informed the Joint Venture that the rig drilling the Gobi-1 exploration well will be available early next month.
Operator of Gurita PSC Lundin Gurita BV, a subsidiary of Sweden's Lundin Petroleum A.B., reported that the rig will become available for work in Gurita PSC in early October and Nido now expects the well to be drilled in mid-October.
Lundin will deploy the jackup Harkuryu-11 (425' ILC), owned by Japan Drilling Co. Ltd., to drill the Gobi-1 well as the company had indicated in a corporate presentation earlier this month.
Lundin has a 90 percent operating interest in Gurita PSC, with the remainder 10 percent stake held by Nido.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Nido Petroleum more info
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)