PTTEP to Acquire 20% Interest in Concession BM-ES-23 Offshore Brazil
Thailand's PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited or PTTEP announced Monday that PTTEP Brazil Investments in Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Limitada (PTTEP BL), a subsidiary of PTTEP, has entered into an agreement to acquire a total 20 percent participating interest from Shell Brasil Petroleo Ltda in Concession BM-ES-23 in the Federal Republic of Brazil. This agreement is subject to the approval of Brazil's National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (the ANP).
The concession is located in the Espirito Santo Basin, in deep water of offshore Brazil, covering an area of approximately 212 square miles (550 square kilometers). Upon approval from the ANP, PTTEP BL will hold 20 percent participating interest in the concession, with Petrobras (the operator) holding 65 percent and Inpex 15 percent. The joint venture partners plan to conduct exploration and appraisal drilling during 2014-2015.
Currently, PTTEP holds 25 percent participating interest in 4 exploration blocks under Barreirinhas AP1 project which is located in Barreirinhas basin in Brazil. The participation in Concession BM-ES-23 is another important milestone in our expansion into South America, a region with high petroleum potential.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
- Thailand's PTTEP 1Q Profits Rise, Prepares For Gas Auctions (Apr 26)
- Thailand's PTTEP Seeks To Boost Reserves, Output In SE Asia (Mar 21)
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Truce Reached over Canadian Shell Pipeline (Jan 10)
- Louisiana Petchems Unit Starts Up (Jan 07)
- Shell Extends Jackup Contract in Trinidad (Jan 02)