PTTEP to Acquire 20% Interest in Concession BM-ES-23 Offshore Brazil
Thailand's PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited or PTTEP announced Monday that PTTEP Brazil Investments in Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Limitada (PTTEP BL), a subsidiary of PTTEP, has entered into an agreement to acquire a total 20 percent participating interest from Shell Brasil Petroleo Ltda in Concession BM-ES-23 in the Federal Republic of Brazil. This agreement is subject to the approval of Brazil's National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (the ANP).
The concession is located in the Espirito Santo Basin, in deep water of offshore Brazil, covering an area of approximately 212 square miles (550 square kilometers). Upon approval from the ANP, PTTEP BL will hold 20 percent participating interest in the concession, with Petrobras (the operator) holding 65 percent and Inpex 15 percent. The joint venture partners plan to conduct exploration and appraisal drilling during 2014-2015.
Currently, PTTEP holds 25 percent participating interest in 4 exploration blocks under Barreirinhas AP1 project which is located in Barreirinhas basin in Brazil. The participation in Concession BM-ES-23 is another important milestone in our expansion into South America, a region with high petroleum potential.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Ventures Back Into Solar (Jan 15)
- Shell Braces for Change by Expanding Its Foothold in Electricity (Jan 12)
- Shell to Build Solar Power Plant at Moerdijk (Jan 11)