Pingvin Well Finds Gas in Barents Sea
Junior explorer North Energy reported Friday that the 7319/12-1 exploration well, targeting the Pingvin prospect on Norwegian production license 713 in the Barents Seahas found gas in a sandstone reservoir.
North said that extensive data have been acquired from the well through coring, wireline logging and liquid sampling. The firm added that updated information from the well will be provided as soon as analysis of this data has been completed.
The partners in PL713 include operator Statoil with a 40-percent stake, RN Nordic (20 percent), Edison (20 percent) and North (20 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Edison more info
- Total, Edison Get Greek Go-Ahead For Oil And Gas Exploration (Feb 28)
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)