Searcher Seismic Commences Mialara 2D Seismic Survey in East Palawan
Australia's Searcher Seismic Pty Ltd. in cooperation with the Philippines Department of Energy, and in conjunction with SeaBird Exploration, announced Friday that acquisition of the Mialara 2D seismic survey, East of Palawan in the Philippines has commenced.
The approximately 3,106 miles (5,000 kilometers) survey covers a roughly 6.2 by 6.2 mile (10 by 10 kilometer) grid in the Mialara sub-basin and includes coverage over the PECR5 bid round blocks 4, 5 and 6.
Acquisition is due for completion in mid-October. Fast track data will be available to ensure ample time for evaluation of the blocks for the PECR5 bidding round.
Alan Hopping, general manager for Searcher Seismic, said the Mialara 2D survey follows and provides infill to Searcher’s Pala-Sulu regional multi-client 2D survey.
“The Pala-Sulu survey highlighted the prospectivity of the East Palawan basins and provided justification for the more detailed Mialara 2D survey,” Hopping added.
The Mialara 2D seismic survey is being acquired in addition to the recently completed Pinatubo 2D survey in West Luzon, which brings Searcher’s total data library in the Philippines to approximately 11,806 miles (19,000 kilometers).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- SeaBird Exploration, Lundin Design 2D Survey Over Barents Sea (Sep 09)
- SeaBird Exploration to Stack Munin Explorer Vessel (Aug 06)
- SeaBird Warns of Continued Weakness in the Seismic Market (Feb 27)
Company: Searcher Seismic Pty Ltd more info
- Searcher Seismic Commences Papua New Guinea Data Acquisition Program (Oct 12)
- Searcher Commences Reprocessing of 2D Seismic Data in WA's Browse Basin (Aug 01)
- Searcher Seismic Commences 3D Reprocessing Project in Australia (Jul 12)