Marine Contracting Bags Bridge Contract for Cantarell Field in GOM
Singapore-based Marine Contracting reported Thursday that it has been awarded an EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation) contract by Jord Oil & Gas B.V. to install an interconnecting bridge and tripod support structure for the Cantarell field in the Gulf of Mexico to connect Pemex’s existing facilities to a jackup with compression facilities.
The award is part of Jord’s larger contract with Alher Oil & Gas S.A. de C.V.
Marine Contracting CEO, Wolfgang Wandl, said, the company will be responsible for the engineering, design, construction and installation of the bridge and support structure.
The bridge and support structure have been designed in such a way that they can be removed and relocated should the jackup and compression facilities need to be repositioned to a different offshore facility in support of Pemex’s operational strategies.
The support structure foundation will incorporate suction piles, designed to maintain location under design environmental conditions.
The fabrication work includes the installation of all required piping, pipe supports, walkways, ladders, lighting, coating systems, insulation, cables and cable trays for the bridge.
“We are extremely pleased to have been awarded this exciting and challenging project,” Wandl said.
“This award in the Gulf of Mexico reflects the success of our global growth strategy.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Marine Contracting Pte Ltd. more info
- Marine Contracting Moves Cendor MOPU to Batam in Indonesia for Upgrade Work (Dec 02)
- Marine Contracting Sets Up Base in Perth to Tap Growth in Australian Market (Oct 28)
- Marine Contracting Bags Bridge Contract for Cantarell Field in GOM (Sep 18)